7 Things That You Should Know About CNC Turning Machines Before Your Start Purchasing Them
CNC turning machines (also known as CNC lathe machines) are mostly needed in industrial mechanical industries to perform variety form of operations including cutting, drilling and sanding. These machines are effectively reduce turnaround time that boost one's profitability over a long period of time. It is mainly because there are many different turning centers that can work on different materials such as wood, metals and plastics. These turning centers have been commonly used in both small shops and large manufacturers.
If you are considering whether you should purchase these CNC machines - here are several important things that you should know:
1. CNC turning machines are used in machining important components - These turning centers are widely used in performing intricate turning operations to produce various components including auto parts, stair railings, table legs and many more. The turning and cutting operations on the materials are repetitively performed to manufacture symmetrical end product on a large scale basis.
2. To perform parts production which requires circular motion (mostly Y-axis cutting movements) - There are some materials cannot be performed under both horizontal and vertical milling operations. Therefore, make sure that the materials used are able to withstand the stress of the turning process, as these cutting operations will be done in a circular motion.
3. An operator is needed to operate a CNC turning machine - It is necessary that you hire and train someone to operate the turning center. Basically, an operator must be proficient in G-code programming skills which are needed to control the CNC milling center.
4. Most advance CNC turning machines can perform multitasking productively - It is possible that you can obtain advance turning centers to perform turning operations with secondary milling or drilling operations. It saves time with one setup and you will not lose accuracy due to refixturing.
5. Turning centers have two types of turret - Normally, CNC turning machines which have servo turrets are capable to perform faster turning operations as compared with those turning centers which have hydraulic turrets. This explains why turning centers which have servo turrets are cost higher than other models.
6. Newer models have ergonomic coolant tanks - This unique feature improves chip management which the coolant tank can be pulled out easily for easy cleaning and maintenance.
7. It requires occasional maintenance - Older turning centers normally require frequent maintenance as the cutting tools need to be replaced with newer ones in order to perform precise turning operations. You can save up maintenance cost if you use newer CNC turning machines which have state-of-the-art spindle system technology. It means that these machines have cartridge design that can effectively eliminate hefty maintenance and protects internal bearing spindle system.
Be sure that you are getting CNC turning machines that you can fabricate components based on your preferences and subsequently boost the profitability and productivity of your business.
If you think that it's not necessary to buy any machining centers at this moment - why not try outsourcing your CNC turning task now! See how it can boost your productivity and profitability of your business.
CommentairesAucun commentaire pour le moment
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires
Ajouter un commentaire